- The overarching purpose of this church shall be to carry out as fully as possible the purpose of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has made the Church to be His earthly Body; to witness for Him in our community and to the fullest possible extent throughout the whole world; to observe His ordinances; and to seek to build up His people in all spiritual grace.
- The overarching goal of this church is not only to lead other sinners to Jesus (2 Cor. 5:18-21) but, by God’s grace, to present every believer complete in Christ (Matt. 28:18-20; Col. 1:28-29; Eph. 4:11-16).
- The overarching passion of this church is to know Christ and to make Christ known (Phil. 3:8-11; Acts 1:8).
- The overarching mission of this church is to do the will of Him who saved us and by God’s grace to accomplish His work (John 4:34; 1 Cor. 10:31; Col. 3:17).
- The overarching distinctives of this church are as follows:
The Supremacy of God over All Things
- HIGH VIEW OF GOD: We proclaim a God-exalting theology, God-centered worldview, and a God-glorifying approach to life and ministry.
- GOD-HONORING WORSHIP: We cultivate a transcendent worship which produces the fear of God and great joy.
- GOD-DRIVEN CONVICTIONS: We promote a passion for God’s holy name and a defense of His glorious reputation.
The Sufficiency of Scripture in All of Life
- DIVINE REVELATION: We affirm the full inspiration, complete inerrancy, and total infallibility of Scripture.
- BIBLICAL AUTHORITY: We uphold that the Scripture alone is ultimately authoritative for the life of the church and for every believer.
- FULL COUNSEL OF GOD: We acknowledge that the Scripture is sufficient for all matters of life and godliness, including equipping the saints for spiritual growth, guidance, counseling, and ministry.
- EXPOSITIONAL PREACHING: We insist that the Scripture should be accurately preached and taught in the power of the Holy Spirit, giving careful attention to sound doctrine and defense of the faith.
The Sovereignty of God in All Aspects of Salvation
- RADICAL DEPRAVITY: We hold that man is utterly fallen in sin through Adam’s original rebellion, resulting in the total depravity of the entire human race. We are sinners by nature, choice, and practice. Hence the need for aspect two- God’s amazing grace (Eph. 2:1-10; Rom. 1-5).
- AMAZING GRACE: We believe that salvation is rooted in God’s gracious choice of undeserving sinners in eternity past, guaranteeing their conversion within time and their glorification for all eternity.
- LORDSHIP SALVATION: We proclaim repentance and faith—calling for a decisive break from sin and a surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, inevitably leading to a transformed life.
- HUMAN RESPONSIBILITY: We assert that every person is individually accountable to God for believing upon Jesus Christ.
- GLOBAL PROCLAMATION: We declare that the gospel should be preached in the entire world to every living creature.